MyHerd.org Privacy Notice
Last updated: October 3, 2014.
What Personal Information About Customers Does MyHerd.org Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your MyHerd experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
* Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, maintain your herd information, and communicating with you.
* Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses MyHerd.org.
* E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we sometimes receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from MyHerd.org if your computer supports such capabilities.
* Information From Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information.
What About Cookies?
* Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device to enable our systems to recognize your device.
Does MyHerd.org Share the Information it Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries the American Hereford Association controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
* Promotional Offers: Sometimes we send catalogs or other offers to selected groups of MyHerd.org customers on behalf of other members and businesses. When we do this, we do not give that business your name and address. * Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise).
* Protection of MyHerd.org and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MyHerd.org, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
* With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
* We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
* We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming a purchase. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during payment processing.
* It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites.
Which Information Can I Access?
MyHerd.org gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with MyHerd.org for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
* As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it will be needed to make a purchase or enter information on your herd.
* If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us at 816-842-3757 or AHA@hereford.org. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of MyHerd.org, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use MyHerd.com?
MyHerd.org does not sell products for purchase by children. If you are under 18, you may use MyHerd.org only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit MyHerd.org, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Missouri. If you have any concern about privacy at MyHerd.org, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you join for membership and communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at MyHerd.org include up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (name and e-mail); payment settings (credit card information and eCheck parameters); details on your herd and data recording activity